View Single Post
Old 12 Jul 2019, 08:05 AM   #1
Tsunami
The "e" in e-mail

Location: in between the bright lights and the far unlit unknown
Creating a YouTube account

Can anyone advise what is the best way to create a YouTube account without your email address showing?

In the past you could create YouTube accounts as a stand-alone, but I'm not sure if that is still possible without using a Gmail address. I'm not sure if you could for example still sign up with an Outlook.com or Mail.com email address.

Also, I'm a bit wary of signing up the wrong way with as a consequence my email address showing... I don't mind people seeing my actual name when I make comments to a YouTube video (a pseudonym is optional but not necessary) but I do like to keep my email address private and hand it out myself only to friends and people I trust. I wouldn't want my email address to just be publically showing.
This also scares me off in just trying to sign up, because if I'd make a mistake the consequences could be very unpleasant.

I would mainly like to create a YouTube account to comment on videos (no bashing like some people do on YouTube, only constructive feedback and questions about the videos) and make a playlist of my favourite videos on YouTube.

I may upload some self-filmed videos in the future, although most of those are from sports games, and not from very famous teams. So I doubt many people are waiting for that...
Tsunami is offline   Reply With Quote