View Single Post
Old 1 Feb 2017, 08:29 AM   #26
jhollington
Essential Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by tony17112acst View Post
PS - When I found a tool for DMARC lookups and that website allows the option to click on a green "Find Problems" button. When the analysis is over, it says mbox.freehostia.com is on blacklisted by UCEPROTECTL1.
While it's theoretically possible that Comcast may not want to send to a blacklisted mail service, that still strikes me as about as odd as them caring about DMARC records when sending. Blacklists are of course normally used on the receiving end.

That said, UCEPROTECTL1 isn't a good thing, and indicates that Freehostia has been a source of spam at some point within the last seven days according to the UCEPROTECT database at http://www.uceprotect.net/en/rblcheck.php.

However, again, it seems unlikely that this is the problem, as senders don't usually care about blacklists, but who knows what Comcast might be doing.

Quote:
Keep in mind, I cannot send SMTP email with my hosting plan at Freehostia.
You mentioned this before, and it confuses me somewhat... Are you saying that your mailbox at Freehostia is receive-only mailbox? Do you not send any e-mail from there at all? Or are they webmail-only?
jhollington is offline   Reply With Quote