View Single Post
Old 12 Mar 2018, 11:02 PM   #6
jclarkw2

Quote:
Originally Posted by dbowdley View Post
From my point of view I would say that it all depends on how you want to work with your email...
  1. Removing mail from the server after it is downloaded or automatically after a specified period of time.
  2. Allowing you to use email plans that have less storage if you are automatically removing the mail from the server.
I'm not saying you can't do any of the above with IMAP in one form or another, but we know some customers prefer POP for some or all of the reasons above.
Amen.

Add to dbowdley's list:
4) You can still access previously received or sent email during Internet or server outages (as we had for a couple of days last weekend with Comcast), and
5) If you're security and privacy conscious, as I imagine most Runbox users are, then leaving all your e-mail in someone else's control (not that there's any real risk in the case of Runbox) might make you nervious.

From my archaic point of view, the main reason to use IMAP is to access the same e-mail store from multiple devices, not a problem I have or expect since I do everything from one laptop. -- jclarkw
jclarkw2 is offline   Reply With Quote