View Single Post
Old 7 Jun 2022, 06:48 AM   #6
n5bb
Intergalactic Postmaster

You must have a damaged PDF file. I send PDF (and other file format) attachments using Fastmail (both web and iPhone or iPad apps) all the time without difficulty.

It's easy for me to generate a test PDF. For example, I'm looking at this EMD thread in the Firefox browser. You can use the application menu (hamburger three horizontal line icon) Print feature, and for the print destination choose "save to PDF". There is a similar feature in both the Chrome and Edge browsers. Save the new PDF file in any folder, then choose that file to attached from a Fastmail Compose window. You can either drag the file into the Attach area of the Compose screen, or open the Attach dialog and choose to Upload Files.

It's amazing how well the Fastmail search feature works with attachments. After sending that test email with an attachment of a printout of this thread, I can now do a search in Fastmail for "application/text-plain:formatted" and it immediately finds the email in my Sent box which has that string in the PDF file formed from printing this thread!

Bill
n5bb is offline   Reply With Quote