View Single Post
Old 17 Mar 2019, 10:20 AM   #14
InquiringMind

Quote:
Originally Posted by TenFour View Post
One thing that is critical with any email service is reliability, and how customer service deals with problems. Like most people posting here it is relatively rare that I resort to contacting customer service, but inevitably something crops up that isn't working correctly or you don't understand and requires assistance...snip...Every email provider needs to go by the old adage "the customer is always right," even if they aren't.
It is very hard to find any business with good customer service nowadays because money flows up to the top of the pyramid and little is left for the people who actually do the work that makes the company function.

I don't need someone to hold my hand, I just need them to help me help myself. Yet, much of the time even that is unavailable.

I suspect paid email services run on a low profit margin since their competition is often free. Also, many people want to use a computer, but do not wish to devote any time to learning how. Imagine the same for driving cars. Ouch !

Those folks really do need hand holding. The more experienced are burdened with dealing with "script puppets" because the assumption is most customers are unwilling to learn more.

It is just a difficult situation all around.
JMO
InquiringMind is offline   Reply With Quote