View Single Post
Old 3 Feb 2021, 03:49 AM   #13
JeremyNicoll
Essential Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by joetrinque View Post
Only question is how easy to port my domain.

Next is trials. Trials doesn't work for me as I would want to use the domain I already own. I don't want to bring over my domain to a server just to move it again next month after a trial. I'd rather be sure I want to stay.
I have precisely that worry when I consider moving a domain that's currently elsewhere into (maybe) Fastmail. I'm already a FM customer but not using a domain of my own there.

So, I registered a new domain with the same company as the real one I'm thinking about moving. I've had its subdomains etc set up in a similar way. I've not yet done this (becasue real life has got in the way) but I plan to subscribe to a few mail lists etc and have the new (test) domain handle them, setting up similar filtering etc there as I do for the real domain. Then I plan to move the test domain to FM. It doesn't matter at all to me if that doesn't work because the mails it will be processing mean nothing to me. But it will form a decent testbed for the process. Maybe you should do the same?
JeremyNicoll is offline   Reply With Quote