View Single Post
Old 26 May 2002, 05:26 AM   #77
GordonDym

Thumbs up The "Perfect" E-mail for Me

Ok, here's another testimonial....and since this is my first time in this forum, nobody can accuse me of being a "plant"

I had switched free e-mails from Juno to Yahoo because - since my old job had me travelling a lot, I liked being able to check my e-mail on the road. I also liked Yahoo's POP access - it was cool to be able to download my e-mail, read offline, compose, and resend. When Yahoo! announced that it was discontinuing its POP access, I tried composing/responding online, but I hated spending time online. Plus, I have tons of e-mail addresses, and wanted to begin consolidating.

I actually found out about Freemail through the E-mailaddressesdotcom web site, and was tempted, but fought the temptation. Luckily, however, I signed on, and found that the web interface was, well, simple - took a little getting used to, but could navigate easily. IMAP took some getting used to, but luckily, since I use Calypso, I could get the same features that I had in Yahoo! (Plus, download times are *much* faster than Yahoo! POP)

Eventually, I broke down and purchased the $15 Member, mostly for the extra storage space. However, the cool thing is that if you need only a small amount of space, you can purchase it. If you need extra bandwidth, you can purchase *that* as well. It's almost like making your own e-mail service.

I am so grateful, and gradually, I'm switching everything over to my new fastmail address. (I'll still use Yahoo! for lists and for people who forward me annoying virus updates ). Thanks, Fastmail, for providing an excellent service!
GordonDym is offline   Reply With Quote