View Single Post
Old 25 Jul 2015, 01:09 PM   #1
erimess

Reading an Attachment

This is more of a "geeky computer" question than an email question but here goes...

I needed to read an email that someone sent a few months back, and discovered she sent it as an attachment. All I was getting was "Session expired, please close and re-open the page." I tried downloading it. I then tried saving it to Files with the same problem.

Finally I just right-clicked and saved it to my desktop. It's a Word document (probably 2013) and I don't have Word, but I have docx attached to Open Office Writer. So once downloaded it did open Writer, after giving me some dialog box about ASCII filters. When it opened it said the same thing "Session expired, please close and re-open the page." What? It looked like the document was open.

(In my original reply to the email I made reference to having to put it on a flash drive and open it on another computer, so I tried that too. I have an older version of Writer on the other computer. Same thing. I'm not sure how I managed to read this the first time, but I'm pretty sure it was at home with the same computers.)

Any ideas? (And no, I can't just get another copy from her.)
erimess is offline   Reply With Quote