View Single Post
Old 9 Sep 2020, 04:08 AM   #22
JeremyNicoll
Essential Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by n5bb View Post
Another data point for you:
  • A few minutes ago I was moving around the Fastmail user interface using Firefox on a PC, and a draft I was working on (reply to a message) seemed to disappear!
  • The draft was not in the Drafts folder, was not sent, was not in Trash, and was not tagged on the original message I was replying to. It was not found when I tried to use Restore. I couldn't find it anywhere!
  • Looking at Help, I realized that Undo might work. See:
  • CTL+Z undo immediately restored the missing draft! I'm not sure where it was hiding, but it came back and I was able to complete and send my reply.
Bill
It's great that Undo worked, but deeply disturbing that the draft vanished in the first place. Have you asked FM how that could happen?

Do you think that the draft hadn't yet been auto-saved, but for some reason you clicked on a link in the drafting window, when you were "moving around the Fastmail interface"? Normally in that sort of situation wouldn't one expect the website to warn that you risked imminent loss of the data on that page? Surely they should intercept that?

Last edited by JeremyNicoll : 9 Sep 2020 at 04:15 AM.
JeremyNicoll is offline   Reply With Quote