View Single Post
Old 25 Jun 2019, 02:45 PM   #1
ferrety

Thanks for breaking alias search

I use alias emails for everything. One for every company, I often disable them to stop spam & re-enable before placing an order or if I phoned and need a response. It was quick & easy, it worked.

Before today, I'd go to aliases & type a bit of the company's name in the search box. I contain the company name within the email address so it is easy to identify. It cannot be at the beginning because it can cause problems sending an email from Welches7yuj7@fastmail.com to welchesfruit@wherevever.com

So I give each alias prefix before a bit of the company name so it would be Treeswelches7yui7@fastmail.com.
I could search the alias list in a second have the correct email address by typing in welches. I can see if it is enabled or not & change it if needed. Easy Peasy

Until Fastmail ruined it. Search is now broken.
Searching for Welches shows no matches & the word none appears in the Alias section. If I search for anything that isn't the start of the email address it can no longer recognise it. So if I search for trees I get the entire alias list.

~ Alias search broken by the update
~ Demanding a password to change alias settings (which I do every day) is a major pain & utterly pointless. This is about as sensible as making us give a password to change the background
For me this has turned using my email into a bloody nightmare

Last edited by ferrety : 25 Jun 2019 at 04:07 PM. Reason: spelling
ferrety is offline   Reply With Quote