View Single Post
Old 11 Aug 2017, 10:21 PM   #21
jhollington
Essential Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by camner View Post
What I infer from what you have said is that FM will not allow me to edit my zone record until AFTER I point my name servers to FM at my domain registrar and FM notices that I have done that.
No, you can definitely edit your DNS zone before you've pointed your name servers over. In fact, you should be able to do it immediately upon creating it. Click the "Edit" button beside the domain name, and look for the "Show DNS Settings" link — it's right above the "Mail" header, but it's actually just a text link and not an actual button, so it's sort of easy to miss.

Once you click "Show DNS Settings" it's also replaced by the actual expanded settings section, so it disappears, and you'll instead see a DNS section header and likely a red warning box that tells you that the settings will only take effect if your name servers are pointing to FastMail.

I just created a new "dummy" domain name to test this, and it seems to work fine for me, so either your'e missing something obvious or there's something different about your account settings (in which case you might need to contact FM support).

See here and here for example screenshots of what I'm seeing on my end.
jhollington is offline   Reply With Quote