View Single Post
Old 7 May 2014, 01:37 PM   #223
FortyTwo

Quote:
Originally Posted by brong View Post
I've mostly been working on syncing with external iCal and CalDAV calendars........
If anyone else has a pet CalDAV service they think we should be testing against, let me know and I'll try to get an account there that I can sync with. I think this is a very important part of allowing people to migrate their calendars, both in and out, and to share data with other people - so the more robust we can make it, the better.

Bron.
hello Bron,
Love the calendar. Have already shutdown google calendar even though FM calendar is currently beta.
I noticed a possible syncing anomaly between the FM calendar and my android. I use an app called "calDAV sync adapter" to sync between my android calendar app (DigiCal+ premium) and my FM calendar. Steps to replicate this are:
1. In FM calendar, I add a weekly recurring event, say for 10 weeks.
2. My calDav sync adapter syncs and adds these to DigiCal on my phone.
3. Subsequently, on Digical on my phone, I either (a) delete "only this event" for one of the events in the series, or (b) edit "only this event", say altering the time or adding some info to the event title. Then I sync my phone to FM servers via the calDav sync adapter. The info appears to be altered in Digical on my phone.
4. However, if I open the FM calendar on my desktop, then a new event is created for the (a) the event I was supposed to delete, or (b) the event I edited, leaving both the original events in the series intact. So, my syncing app maybe cannot distinguish between a series of events and one event in the series.
The anomaly doesn't occur when I change/delete and then sync one-off events between Digical and my FM calendars via the android calDav sync adapter
Regards
FortyTwo is offline   Reply With Quote