View Single Post
Old 17 Jul 2019, 01:14 AM   #25
communicant
Cornerstone of the Community

1) There is witty sarcasm and there is sarcasm that is bitter, rude, uncalled for, irrelevant to the matter at hand, and clearly the result of personal animosity and nothing else. I leave it to the previous posters (and anyone with manners and a modicum of good sense) to decide whether the kind involved here was something one could or should "appreciate."

2) The supposedly "off topic" post was not about a "Hungarian Lab" (which was mentioned in passing), but was about a message sent from EumX being marked as spam because of the presence in the text of a single innocently used word. The thread did concern EuMx. The post may have been tangential, but not completely "off topic." Would you prefer a brand new thread for every post, with no effort to keep things even slightly tidy?

3) I do not need or appreciate being told to "chill." I am not that easily offended, but I certainly know gratuitous rudeness and terrible manners and the fruit of pointless grudges and ill temper when I see it. I don't tolerate that sort of behavior from ten-year-olds and I won't tolerate it from adults who act like ten-year-olds either. I see the tradition of always blaming the injured party is alive and well.

I send thanks to those earlier posters who understood and who said helpful things which I appreciated. It was sad to read that several do not post here any more because of this sort of thing. I feel the same way. Perhaps the mods should take note, or this forum is in even more trouble than is obvious already from the declining participation and other factors.
communicant is offline   Reply With Quote