View Single Post
Old 15 Jul 2019, 08:00 PM   #11
Mr David

I received a response from a Mimecast operator in the late evening AEST of 12 July. It requested copies of the bounce messages and the original outgoing messages that were blocked to be sent to Mimecast as attachments. Next day I mailed these through.

With a weekend to complete its investigation of this issue, today the following reply came from Mimecast:
Quote:
Update for Case #MIMEnnnnn - "MCRBL Removal Request"

Hi David,

Thanks for your response.

The email was rejected as there was a fingerprint for the domain imap<dot>cc, which was in the text of messages that were reported spammy by the community.

There were a very high number of reports. Feedback is provided below:
- 97% of reports seen were to block
- 84% of blocks were from spam traps
- 8 ISPs provided spam trap feedback
- Last spam trap hit : 2019-04-28 14:20:08
- First report : 2016-01-18 05:18:03
- Last report : 2019-06-25 23:51:56

It has been reset and we request you to try again.

Please let us know in case of any issues or queries.

Regards,
Axxxxt
I'm not sure what is meant by 'community'. Is it the community of users at the domain my messages were blocked from? Or is it the broader community of all Mimecast subscribers? Who knows.

One thing is certain, if there was a very high number of reports they could not possibly be caused by the trivial amount of messages sent from the @imap.cc addresses of my FM account.

Shortly after receiving this notification from Mimecast I sent a test message through to the email address that was blocked last week. It was successfully delivered. All good.
Mr David is offline   Reply With Quote