View Single Post
Old 22 Sep 2020, 05:49 AM   #27
n5bb
Intergalactic Postmaster

Arrow Labels and sent messages

I have been using Labels mode for a few months (since it was in beta). This allows me to view the Sent label to see the messages I have sent, but I can then easily add the appropriate label(s) to a sent message so that I can also view the message in the appropriate folders/labels. So my goal is keeping the Sent label on all messages I have sent, and adding additional labels to characterize messages.

For example, I just sent some friends a new message which had to do with a science-related topic.
  • The sent messages shows up under the Sent label/folder.
  • I can select that message inside the Sent label in the tree, then add labels as follows with keyboard shortcuts:
    • "l" (lowercase L)
    • "fri" (finds my Friends label)
    • Enter key (toggles selection of the Friends label)
    • "sci" (finds my Science label)
    • Enter key (toggles selection of the Science label)
    • CTL-Enter (saves the label selection)
I find the label feature (and the ability to add a color to a label and keyboard shortcuts) very useful.
  • I can view my Sent label/folder and immediately see which labels/folders I have associated with each sent message. The label color feature helps me find certain labels very quickly.
  • While viewing a message/thread, clicking a label name at the top (below the email subject) will open that label/folder.
  • I have an Action label, and I add that label to messages I need to handle in the next few days. So I can take those messages out of my Inbox and place them where they will reside long term, but the additional Action label allows me to quickly view these messages.
By the way, as described in this post you can find any messages you have sent using the search:
Code:
-header:X-Resolved-to
Bill
n5bb is offline   Reply With Quote