View Single Post
Old 8 Sep 2019, 06:20 AM   #11
n5bb
Intergalactic Postmaster

Quote:
Originally Posted by JeremyNicoll View Post
...In the normal browser webmail interface, though, all the discard rules are listed at the top of the rules page, under a heading which says "Permanently delete the message:" - surely that's easy to understand?

Is it more ... ambiguous ... in the app(s)?
That portion of the user interface is nearly identical in the iOS (iPhone or iPad) interface (both normal and beta) compared to the normal PC web interface. The only difference is the New Rule and Edit web interface buttons are replaced by icons on mobile devices.

Quote:
Originally Posted by noclue View Post
I was looking at my rules, and there is a universal symbol for "no" (the circle with a line through it) on the left of the email address that is not working. I don't understand why.
I can't see any way for the rejection icon (circle with slash) to be immediately adjacent to an email address. It's instead to the left of the rule itself, not any email address. So I think the poster was just describing a discard rule containing the address they could not receive. Obviously if the message is permanently deleted by a rule it can't be read!

Bill
n5bb is online now   Reply With Quote