View Single Post
Old 24 Jan 2020, 05:58 AM   #1
noclue
Cornerstone of the Community

Mail not coming in or going out

This has escalated into a serious problem. It's been going long for weeks now, and I have had to keep a written list of what's not going out and what's not coming in. Now it's beyond what I can handle. I have been using another email company to place orders as that has been the worst problem. Until yesterday.

In general, what's not going out is stuff I try to buy. (Except, of course, Amazon.) Buying things from small companies results in that company never receiving the order at all OR my not being able to check out on its site. So I tried a different browser. Makes no difference. Plus it's a PIA to have to do that. By using a paper list of all the things I try to buy, I can see after a couple of weeks that the company never received my order because there is no confirmation email, and the items never arrive in the mail.

Personal emails quit coming in yesterday. That is a huge problem. All I know to do is to move to another email carrier, and FM has just yanked fifty bucks out of my bank account for a whole new year. (When did it get so expensive, and WHY? Off topic, I know. Just curious.)

I was doing some research on my iPad last night. This is for a part-time job I do. I have the FM app installed on my iPad. It's My procedure is not conventional, but what I do when I am researching is to email myself an Internet page that I want to study further at a later time. I send the page from my iPad to my iMac. The computer screen is larger, and it is, therefore, easier to read. That's the "logic" behind my research methodology. This has worked for years... NOT ONE of the seven emails I sent myself last night has yet arrived. I haven't done any updates on my computer. I haven't changed anything at all in months. I have, however, suddenly begun to receive copious amount of spam. That may or may not have anything to do with this. It just seems suspicious.

I am using an iPad Pro with the 12.4 OS and a iMac with the same OS. If you have a clue about what's going on, please pretend that I am a 4-year old child when you explain stuff to me. I do not speak tech at all. Hence, my username. Thank you for reading all of this!
noclue is offline   Reply With Quote