View Single Post
Old 25 Jan 2021, 10:38 PM   #13
camner
Cornerstone of the Community

Quote:
Originally Posted by JeremyNicoll View Post
The Sieve Tester is known not to be reliable. People here have complained but FM have not fixed the problem(s). (I don't know the details.)
Good to know. I won't tear my hair out trying to figure out why FM's actual behavior is different than what Sieve Tester tells me.

Quote:
The reason I said all of this is that you posted earlier that you'd decided to include testing of BCC headers in your Sieve test, and I was trying to explain that that was pointless. BCC headers shouldn't be in any of the mails that your ISP's smart host is sending onward, and they shouldn't be in the "Undelivered" messages that are being returned to you. What would be the point? When the 'smart host' sends you a notification of a problem, it's only going to send that to you, not BCC it to anyone else.
Bingo, makes perfect sense! Although if the smart host is just sending back an "undeliverable mail" message to the sender, including the BCC header wouldn't violate privacy, right, because the original sender surely knows the identities of those to whom he/she sent the BCCs, no?

Thanks for taking the time for such a complete and helpful tutorial.
camner is offline   Reply With Quote