View Single Post
Old 25 Jun 2017, 05:10 AM   #444
BritTim
The "e" in e-mail

It is worth mentioning that, if you are a heavy email user, some of the message counts for folders in the classic interface will tend to be out of date once the Window has been open for a while.

Frankly, I usually have a pretty good idea of the rough number of messages in my folders, and my actions have never been affected in any way by not knowing exactly how many messages there are in each folder. I do wish to be aware when new unread messages arrive in a folder. In my view, the new interface informs me of that where the old classic interface does not.

While I do not personally see counts of messages per folder as being important to be continually visible (indeed, I consider they clutter up the screen) I am not so vain as to imagine I can visualize every possible working style. If you see this as an important feature that affects your use of the mail client, perhaps you could outline how you make use of the information in your everyday email tasks. Perhaps, we can suggest a different approach once we understand where lack of knowing the exact count of messages in each folder is impacting you.
BritTim is offline   Reply With Quote