View Single Post
Old 5 Apr 2023, 06:52 PM   #5
xyzzy
Essential Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by aussieboykie View Post
I have some domain addresses which are flagged as "To send as someone@mydomain.com you must first verify that you own this address." After going through the send verification code process with one such address, no code arrived. I haven't tried with any others. Thought I would ask here first.
Here's a piece of info possibly related to that problem...

If you have any disabled aliases (excuse me, "team addresses") those will appear in the "My email addresses" list with the status "blocked". Clicking edit for such a alias will show the message you quoted above. Clicking the "verify" button will initiate the verification sequence by sending a message to the alias. But you'll never see it because the alias is disabled. Brilliant!

Thus to verify these you need to...
  1. Go into the Team Addresses
  2. Enable the alias you are trying to verify
  3. Go back to "My email addresses", now a Verify button will be shown for that alias's status so click it to verify (no code is sent for this)
  4. Go back to the alias in the Team Addresses
  5. Disable the alias again to get back to the what you originally wanted
Now "My email addresses" will no longer show it with blocked status but instead "disabled". Why couldn't it have just done this to begin with since FM knows the aliases you previously created? It obviously knew it after you enabled it.

Isn't this new UI great?

Heh, I wonder where all those verification codes went for all the times I was trying it before figuring this mess out?
xyzzy is offline   Reply With Quote