View Single Post
Old 19 Jan 2017, 02:21 PM   #160
Bamb0
Master of the @

Quote:
Originally Posted by NullSonic
I just wanted to add my voice to the seemingly very small (as reported on Page 4) percentage of users who still use the Classic interface. I have been a user of Fastmail since 2003 or so (started paying in 2005). At the time I was looking, the (now) Classic interface is the biggest reason I chose FM. It simply excelled above any of the competitors. It had the perfect blend of power and ease of use that I was looking for. It matured over the years to become even better.
Then, the New interface came out. I was excited to try it. I used it, but found it lacking. I was happy when I found I could still use the original interface, and continued to use it.
Over time, I would come back to the New interface, only to find it continued to not meet my needs. I would inevitably switch back to Classic. I thought: I hope the Classic interface will always be available. But I knew that it might not, mainly because of the reasons that have already been stated (maintaining old code, two systems, etc). It's unfortunate.
I will really miss the "keep unread and go to: Next, Previous, N/P Unread, First Last, Folders; Delete and Next/Previous etc." options at the top of messages. I also like selecting a page of emails at a time and deleting or taking action on just that set. I also like being able to move a message to any folder while in a message by clicking on the "move message" button on the left. I like the easy to access Show full header. I like seeing how many emails are in a folder without having to select them all first. These are the things I will miss most. There are other things, but these are invaluable.
I'm sure I won't convince anyone to keep the Classic interface around, but at least I've stated my opinions.
I will miss it, and will grudgingly use the new interface. I will learn the keyboard shortcuts as they seem to hold great power. Who knows, maybe after a year or so, I'll forget I ever loved the Classic interface. Who knows?
Yes its sad they dont care anymore.... All they wanna do is take all options away from ppl leaving only THIER OPTION.... They want to force javascript WHICH IS NOT GOOD TO HAVE ENABLED!! (Privacy etc)

Its all just quite sad...
Bamb0 is offline   Reply With Quote