View Single Post
Old 9 Sep 2019, 08:26 AM   #20
noclue
Cornerstone of the Community

Here's the thing, guys. You are ALL so generous with your time and are obviously very well-informed about my issues. And even though y'all go to all the trouble of putting things in "for dummies" language for me, I have a terrible time understanding what you're talking about. That's not on you; it's on ME.

I am a week shy of 73 and have had problems like this my entire life. I barely got into college only because the written/English part of the exam saved me. (I think I got whatever score is given for just signing your name on the math part; I guessed at nearly every question.) I think the reason I taught special ed was because I could relate to my students, but I didn't realize that at the time. Can't read a map, can't follow written instructions for putting even simple stuff together, and am still baffled by fractions. I don't know how I've made it this far in life! Now I am saddled with a neurological disease that has only made this problem worse. Tech-speak is like trying to read Arabic.

I am feeling really bad about wasting so much of your time. Maybe I shouldn't use this message board for personal information, but I feel like you guys should understand that I am nearly always lost. I have stuck with FastMail because of people like you, always willing to help. But I am clearly at a disadvantage because of my disability. I would hate to succumb to gmail or the like; I really love FastMail. I just don't know if I can continue to use it because I am always asking for help and then never offering any.
noclue is offline   Reply With Quote