View Single Post
Old 29 Jan 2017, 05:14 AM   #14
tony17112acst

Thanks again for everyone's contribution! I feel like I am getting somewhere!

I got a reply from Freehostia after posting the info about the DMARC record - From Freehostia:
Quote:
The DMARK and SPF records are managed from the client side, which means that if you need to use such records in your DNS zone you simply have to go to your "DNS Records" section (in the control panel > my domains > dns records menu) and create them.

** Keep in mind that those values / records have an effect only for the outgoing mail messages (the messages that you send from your mailboxes with us toward comcast and others, not for incoming mail messages).

In this case the most likely issue is that the Comcast server from which the messages are send is blacklisted and our filters are not allowing the messages, to make sure that is the issue the sender will have to try and send a test message once again and if the message is not delivered to contact us back informing us from which mailbox it was send, so our administrators can check the logs on our servers.
So I just informed them of 3 different emails that were sent this morning: one from my email client, one from my Comcast's webmail, and one from the service technician from Comcast (all use Comcast SMTP).

I H*O*P*E they find that they are blocking Comcast, because I don't know what to do after this step if they are not

I haven't digested the 2-3 replies above yet, but unfortunately my low-cost service at Freehostia and 50Webs do not allow the sending of messages (SMTP). Since Comcast lets me use only their SMTP, I figured it wouldn't affect me, so I cannot send a test email from that web client.

The greylisting sounds interesting because I also have the problem of delayed emails ...like 5 hour delays and sometimes more.

Quote:
Further, did they say it was because your domain doesn't have these records, or because freehostia.com doesn't have these records?
I don't remember, unfortunately.

Last edited by tony17112acst : 29 Jan 2017 at 05:20 AM.
tony17112acst is offline   Reply With Quote