View Single Post
Old 28 Feb 2019, 04:03 AM   #3
ChinaLamb
The "e" in e-mail

Location: a virtually impossible but finitely improbable position
I had no idea that Fastmail was still using gravatar...

You know, I've worked in tech for many years, and I've never heard ANYONE except for Fastmail talk about Gravatar.

Many years ago, I tried, multiple times, to make my own gravatar... I don't know how many times over how many years. The login on the gravatar page never seemed to work for me.

Finally today, I got in, and it took me to some wordpress page I had tried to make 10 years ago. Confused on how my wordpress page was connected to gravatar, I logged out. I searched for more videos and was again even more confused.

I tried again, and I figured out that it must be linked to a wordpress profile picture (why they don't call it that is BEYOND me) ... BUT, I still don't know how to connect that to a specific email address. The whole thing is still bizarre to me.

I honestly don't get why Fastmail would use Gravatar, and I honestly don't think there's any number of people out there who really know what a gravatar is.

Why doesn't fastmail check an email address to see if it has a google/yahoo/or other image associated with it?

Or is it just me?
ChinaLamb is offline   Reply With Quote