View Single Post
Old 12 Jun 2020, 07:35 PM   #12
chrisretusn
Cornerstone of the Community

Quote:
Originally Posted by TenFour View Post
For most of us, the most important security issues are protections against phishing and malware in our Inbox and attacks on the email infrastructure. That's where the big players like Gmail really shine. They have thousands of people and tons of infrastructure fighting this stuff. For example, I can't remember the last phishing email that arrived in my Gmail inbox.
Agree with this for the most part. Like you I haven't received an phishing or 409 type email in my inbox in ages. Those big players like Gmail, Yahoo and Outlook to a good job with this. With the exception of Gmail, I have multiple accounts with the other two.

That said, I seem to have an issue with legitimate emails showing up in Spam/Junk way to often. It is extremely annoying. I using an an email client using the POP3 protocol for all but one account which I use IMAP. The IMAP account isn't an issue, since I have access to the Junk folder in the client. With the other accounts, this means I must log in to the web access at least weekly just to check for legit emails in Junk. It a pain in the neck. Unfortunately these services do not allow your to disable spam filtering. My client is perfectly able to handle spam. It has been trained well.

Yes I could go IMAP for all these accounts, but I rather enjoy getting all emails in one Inbox (excluding the IMAP account).

A side note. I remeber back in the old days one could set a POP3 account to access specific email boxes. Those were the days.

A stay on topic note. I like this Purelymail, I might consider it. I have a similar type account with BlueHome.
chrisretusn is offline   Reply With Quote