View Single Post
Old 11 Dec 2013, 06:21 AM   #7
walesrob
Essential Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jacinto View Post
Hello walesrob.

I had no problems with MX RR.

I was able to (a) sign up, (b) login to the "general" administration panel, (c) login to the separate "E-Mail" administration panel (you have to wait for a separate message with your user name, password and URL), (d) set up the one allowed E-Mail account (could have added aliases and forwarders, but didn't), (e) login to and configure Roundcube, and (f) access the E-Mail account with IMAP.

If one doesn't need to be spoon fed and has a little technical knowledge, it's a little challenging at first, but less challenging than euMX's OWM offering.

Ran into a little issue and received immediate, knowledgeable and courteous Tech. Support.

All in all, 10GB of Domain mail for free it's not bad. It'd be nice if we could set up more than one E-Mail account, but, free is free.

However, as with any new provider, we'll have to wait and see how it performs over the next month or two.

--
Jacinto
Thank you for your reply.

It seems the email with the URL for the email admin panel has not yet arrived, however I was able to set up a single email address and choose a password, but that's all. I also received info about MX records and IMAP ports.

The general lack of information is what frustrates me. I am merely reporting my findings to the forum.

Your comment about EuMX OWN set up a bit unwarranted, there is numerous help articles on this very forum and the EuMX forum.

As for spoonfeeding, in the past, I have used the likes of Tuffmail, Runbox, Polarismail, Google Applications, and Fastmail to set up and configure email hosting for myself and others, so I like to think I do have a bit of 'technical knowledge'.
walesrob is offline   Reply With Quote