View Single Post
Old 13 Oct 2016, 06:26 PM   #13
fastuser2015

Guys am very sorry for that, did not intend to cause any offence and have removed the text of the email as requested.

I only posted it to demonstrate how very very spammy the message was, I mean this did not look in any way like ham, and given how you guys reacted to it I'm sure you agree.

My main reason for coming here was surprise at how this screaming-out-loud spam, and a whole host of other obscene messages like it, walked straight past the Fastmail filtering which I usually find extremely good.

Bill, thanks for mentioning the rule, I will probably block this email address altogether soon because I'm tired of seeing these messages, but I suppose my bigger point was - is the filtering getting worse? Or are the spammers getting cleverer?

At the moment am going to leave it live to see how long it takes the filtering to learn from me manually marking all these as junk.

Because if these guys got hold of one of my main email addresses I'd be inundated and obviously couldn't just block that by destination.
fastuser2015 is offline   Reply With Quote