View Single Post
Old 5 Sep 2022, 05:39 AM   #1
InquiringMind

Does Yahoo Mail Plus Glitch Less ???

I am trying to help a friend who has made a mess for themselves.

Question: Does Yahoo Mail Plus (the paid one without ads), function any smoother than the free version of Yahoo Mail ???

Reason for question: My friend has hundreds of thousands of emails. Most are unread and are just ads from dozens of websites they subscribed to. But, they have some read and unread important emails interspersed amongst them. I am trying to help them move 5000 - 10000 emails at a time into folders starting with the oldest dates, just to get the web interface on Yahoo Mail working well enough so they can start to delete hundreds of thousands. But it takes about 30 minutes to move 5000 emails into a folder because the Inbox is so overloaded that the web interface crashes the browser over and over. We have tried blocking the ads. It does not help. The browser still chokes and stalls and crashes. We have tried other browsers, other computers and other internet connections. It is not the hardware, it is just too full of emails. Quota is about 4% of the 1TB of space available. If they go to the paid version, can they get a less crashy connection? IMAP will not load more than the most recent 10000 emails per folder, so neither Outlook nor Thunderbird will be of any help here.

Any input about Yahoo Mail Plus appreciated.
InquiringMind is offline   Reply With Quote