View Single Post
Old 27 Aug 2017, 06:24 AM   #27
FredOnline
The "e" in e-mail

Quote:
Originally Posted by TenFour View Post
I find the smartphone the most essential travel tool. It can connect almost anywhere using either Wifi or cellular data, is more secure in many ways than using your laptop on coffee shop Wifi, and is infinitely more convenient.
I agree, or I would have agreed up until the day of my departure on vacation.

The previous evening, I fully charged up the battery on my Android 'phone (top of the range model and a faithful servant for around 18 months) and had all relevant documents pertaining to my vacation stored in a folder on it's SD card.

Well, on the morning of departure, I switch on my 'phone to be greeted with "the sd card has been corrupted, and requires formatting, losing all information held" etc.

Luckily (or well planned in this type of event), I had duplicated files also on my laptop and in FastMail file storage.

So then all I needed to do was a frantic few minutes work to copy the folder across to local storage on the 'phone.

The SD card is still corrupted but the 'phone still works, so I'll look into remedying the card fault when I get time.

Next time, I'll be having copies of important files not only on the SD card but also in local storage - lesson learned!
FredOnline is offline   Reply With Quote