View Single Post
Old 28 Jul 2017, 01:14 AM   #27
Tsunami
The "e" in e-mail

Location: in between the bright lights and the far unlit unknown
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnyBella View Post
I am marginally wary of Chinese providers. I suppose it should be useful if you don't talk about China with these emails?
Probably it isn't wise to use a Chinese provider if your aim is to use it for political activities that oppose the local regime. If you however only wish to use it for everyday non-political email conversations, I don't see the problem. If your email correspondence is of non-political nature, a Chinese provider should be just as good as any other.

By the way, a Russian provider is probably also not the best option if you insist on negative comments about the Russian government. And an American email provider is probably not the best idea if you are insisting on venting anti-American sentiments.

However, if your emails are of non-political nature, then mainly the quality of the service matters, whereas its location becomes largely irrelevant.
Hence: whether you use a Chinese, Russian, American, EU based, Indian, Latin American, Canadian, ... email provider doesn't matter that much if you use it for discussing non-political issues. Look at the quality of the service rather than its location.
And when it comes to quality, I cannot comment on Chinese providers from personal experience, but fact is some email providers in China have been around for many years and proven to be solid.
Tsunami is offline   Reply With Quote