Thread: Blacklisted IP
View Single Post
Old 15 Jan 2021, 05:32 AM   #5
Rich_A

Quote:
Originally Posted by TenFour View Post
Wouldn't email sent by any of the free email providers, like Gmail or Outlook.com, also avoid the problem? Or, are you running your own email server?
I've been reluctant to use "free" stuff like Gmail for various security reasons. But I don't know why that would work. If I use a PC from my home with Gmail, wouldn't that still have the Comcast IP embedded in it? I'm not at all familiar with GMail.

I've always had my own domain and email going back over 20 years. When I had Cox as my ISP (for Internet, TV and Telephone) I did not use the "cox email" service but rather had my own domain, email and web site hosted by Aplus. But when I moved to this new location I changed to Ionos and am using them strictly for my new Domain and emails. I only have one actual Comcast email account that I "have" to keep to manage my Comcast account (which is now just Internet and TV and no other email) I don't use it .. Just about everyone I have used that Comcast email complains about my emails getting sent to their spam accounts and in a few cases they have had to do extraordinary things to get THEIR ISP to un-block me. So I never use the Comcast email.
Rich_A is offline   Reply With Quote