View Single Post
Old 26 Jul 2016, 03:43 AM   #171
wam

Quote:
Originally Posted by langreisboete View Post
I have to agree with glass.

The current situation is:
You have 5 computers you trust, you login without checking. You never have to recheck them again (except see below).

You go to the public computer three times a week, you have to uncheck them every single time. When you forget, you first have to notice it and second, you have te delete it from trusted computers. Except, you can only do that from that specific computer, because in the settings page it says "this computer is trusted, reset here" OR "reset all computers". You cannot reset another single computer from another computer. If you reset all computers, you have to trust them all over again, until you make the mistake for a second time. Additional, if you do not notice it, you cannot notice it at all because there is no overview of trusted computers.

The opposite situation would be:
You have 5 computers you trust, you have to check the box once per computer.

You go to the public computer three times a week, no futher actouns required.

That's it.

Why would you prefer the current situation above the opposite one?
Good suggestion. I also agree that the checkbox should be unchecked by default. If for some reason I sign in from a friends computer I dont have to remember to uncheck the checkbox; but even if I forget once to check the checkbox on a trusted computer I can always check it next time I log in.

Is there a way that I can restrict fastmail mobile app (IOS) to sign out automatically after a week or less? If so I will add my mobile to untrusted computer and will be happy to put in TOTP Code once a week or even 3 days.

Otherwise the new security changes are excellent. I feel more secure about my emails, files, notes and contact information from now on. Good Job Fastmail Team;

Changed settings under 'Password & Security', they were easy once instructions are read carefully. I use 1password for generating code and I get about 1 minute to enter that upon logging in.
wam is offline   Reply With Quote