View Single Post
Old 28 Jan 2017, 11:34 PM   #7
jhollington
Essential Contributor

Actually, I just noticed something else that I missed on the first pass....

Your destination domain is anthonytonini.com while the domain you're sending from is tonytonini.com. These are hosted in different places, with only the destination being on Freehostia — and everything does look totally fine on that one, even the SMTP header.

While the SMTP issues noted above for tonytonini.com may affect the specific messages you're sending, they'd definitely have nothing to do with e-mails send from another address (e.g. your Comcast.net address).

I'm still leaning toward this being a communications error between Comcast and Freehostia/50webs, but it doesn't really matter from our perspective — the bottom line is that as far as I can tell this is Comcast's problem, regardless of what other details are involved, as they're the ones generating the delivery status notification.

It's pretty safe to say based on what we've seen so far that if Comcast is telling you that they "observed the email being sent out of the servers" that they're mistaken.

Delivery status notifications are generated by the last server to take responsibility for trying to deliver the message. If the message was successfully delivered to Freehostia's servers and the problem was delivering it to your mail store there, then your DSN would be coming from Freehostia's servers, not Comcast's. In fact, because you're not using a Comcast FROM address, the DSN from Freehostia wouldn't be going anywhere near Comcast's servers — it would go directly from Freehostia's servers to your tonytonini.com address.

The most straightforward question to ask Comcast is: "If the message is being successfully sent to Freehostia, why is the delivery failure notification coming from Comcast?"
jhollington is offline   Reply With Quote