View Single Post
Old 30 Mar 2017, 11:28 AM   #2
chickadee

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gankaku View Post
Hi guys and gals,

I use Hangouts for SMS regularly with two people. As you may have heard, Google will soon be removing the sms capability for Hangouts (what will be left, I don't know!)

One person has a mobile phone and we can just use regular SMS on our Android phones.

However, the setup my sister and I have is the one I'd like to duplicate with another method but don't know if I can. That's what I need your help with.

I have a mobile phone. I can receive and send Hangouts messages with her wherever. However, she does not have a mobile phone. But, she has Hangouts in her browser in the little window by email, which she uses constantly. So her being on the desktop and using Hangouts has given us the capability to SMS each other for years.

Before we started using Hangouts to keep in touch, we used email. It was bad. I'm bad in not checking my email regularly anymore. I miss a LOT of emails because of this bad habit of not checking in.So her emailing me just won't help us stay regularly in touch.

We also used to use Steam (the gaming app). I have it on my desktop and mobile. I have it on desktop and mobile, and she has it on desktop. However, she logs into it extremely rarely (like me with email). We tried it before but it just didn't work. She didn't want to login just to send me a quick message.

Is there any other platform that she can run in her browser where she can sms me and I can receive it on browser or phone? And not one where there's a fee. Perhaps someone here knows something.

Thanks for any suggestions you can send along.

Note; Please do not suggest Facebook.

One can use Yahoo to send text messages:

http://www.instructables.com/id/How-...oo-to-a-cell-/

Last edited by chickadee : 30 Mar 2017 at 11:33 AM. Reason: corrected Quote
chickadee is offline   Reply With Quote