View Single Post
Old 17 Jun 2017, 09:21 AM   #6
BritTim
The "e" in e-mail

Quote:
Originally Posted by ellentk View Post
Thanks. I use personalities that way sometimes, but occasionally I want to file a message in a particular folder because of the subject, not the address i used to send it.

How much time and effort is it to add that feature?
I appreciate that setting up personalities for every Sent folder you sometimes use is pretty clunky. In practice, I have found it bearable. Do recognize that you can have any number of personalities for the same sending address. Where you only rarely need to use a Sent folder that is not in a personality, manually moving the message after sending is feasible.

Obviously, I do not know your own workflow. If you tend to us a separate folder for each correspondent (something I once did but moved away from) then personalities do not help much.

As to how much time and effort is involved in adding that feature, I am not sure, but suspect it is pretty messy. Indeed, it may be one of the reasons FastMail decided to discontinue the Classic interface. Filing to Sent folders using personalities just leverages the existing sieve support. Filing to a folder when you click Send for an individual message will need to use a completely different mechanism.
BritTim is offline   Reply With Quote