View Single Post
Old 3 Sep 2019, 06:51 PM   #12
xyzzy
Essential Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by JamesHenderson View Post
Oh. This worked in regexr.com and I am sure that's how Bron wrote it in a piece of sieve code he gave me some years ago that I no longer have.
If that is in reference to using that [.@] in matches then try it in that sieve tester. Apparently sieves support of globbing is more restrictive. It didn't work when I tried it in sieve tester.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JamesHenderson View Post
I get that I forgot to escape the ".", but don't get either "\\" - could you please explain that as I would have thought the following would have worked:
Code:
.+@(.+\.)?linkedin\.com$
My ".+@(.*\\.)?linkedin\\.com$" means either nothing between the @ and the linkedin.com or something ending in a dot before the linkedin.com. This was because the conversation diverted into allowing subdomains before the linkedin.com. Now that I look at mine again I suppose I should have used .+@(.+\\.)?linkedin\\.com. You would end up with this in generated sieve code if you typed yours (single slash) as an organize rule. I tend to think of it as it appears in the actual sieve code.

And yes, I really meant address, not header. My mind has a tendency to mean one thing and write another too.
xyzzy is offline   Reply With Quote