Thread: Spammer around
View Single Post
Old 1 Feb 2018, 07:31 PM   #10
communicant
Cornerstone of the Community

1) Yes, it does clearly state (see far upper left of the page with her post) that she is "permanently banned," so why does her post appear at all? It has been my impression that once a user is banned, that userID is locked out and no posts from it appear after the banning.

2) As for the wording of her post, I have a pretty good ear for these things, and all it tells me is that she is not a native speaker of English. Don't administrators read and write letters or emails? chrisretusn, could you specify in what respects her wording raised "red flags" to you? I would find this very interesting as a linguistic matter, but in this particular example I see no flags, red or otherwise.

3) As for the assertion that links "would" have appeared, are you clairvoyant? I once saw a police dog growl at a passerby who grumbled to the dog's handler that he "hadn't done nothin' ", and the policeman's answer was "You looked as if you were going to."
Same thing?

I have zero tolerance for spammers, but great respect for the rules of evidence and of logic, especially when conclusions are drawn based upon linguistic cues.
communicant is offline   Reply With Quote