View Single Post
Old 26 Sep 2018, 06:39 PM   #1
DumbGuy
Essential Contributor

Whitelisting Known Senders

I've been whitelisting known senders to make sure they don't get flagged as spam, nor processed by my Discard rules.

I do this whitelisting for entire domains -- businesses/websites/newsletters I receive email from, and so my Contacts are a long list of addresses like *@fromdomain.tld .

I don't use Contacts for actual contacts; I only use it for whitelisting, as above.

My question here (which I couldn't find after searching through Fastmail Help): are all the various email addresses in a specific single contact card used for whitelisting?

It's common for me to list several whitelisting entries in 1 contact, like:

*@domain.com (Work)
*@email.domain.com (Work)
*@e.domain.com (Personal)

I'd of course do this after receiving email from the additional subdomains and know that I'd want to whitelist them.

Does anyone know if those addition addresses are considered for whitelisting, and whether it matters if they are all "Personal", "Work", or whatever?

I found a thread in this forum from a few years ago that mentioned I may not have to mention subdomains specifically in my whitelisting. So, I'm wondering if that's still the case as well. (And that same thread talked about some domains not being whitelist-able, too.)

Thanks.
DumbGuy is offline   Reply With Quote