View Single Post
Old 5 Aug 2021, 08:14 AM   #39
digp
Master of the @

"jeffpan: "They closed my email acct, and didn't respond to my ticket"

digp: "I can confirm that they suspend/close accounts without explanation, even paid accounts"

We can guarantee that we never close mailboxes or MeMail accounts without good reason. However, you probably can't imagine the kind of customers you have to deal with when you run an email service. Of course, there are also people who are spamming, phishing or spoofing, and we have to take action to protect not only MeMail and all clients, but also all external people who would otherwise fall for such fraudulent activities and either be harassed or even lose money. We also take action against users who massively create free mailboxes, because according to our terms and conditions only one mailbox per client can be registered for free. In addition, we are occasionally contacted by police departments or public prosecutors, by the way, from various countries around the world. If the evidence provided to us is sufficient, we suspend the mailbox(es) in question. In these cases, we are also not allowed to inform the account holders about the reasons, which would complicate or even prevent the authorities from investigating. So no serious MeMail customer has to fear that his/her account will be closed, no matter if it is a free or paid mailbox. And you can always contact us if there are any questions, and we always reply."

So basically trying to imply improper use of email without any basis.

Cowboy company.
digp is offline   Reply With Quote