View Single Post
Old 4 Oct 2008, 05:36 AM   #8
xmailer
Intergalactic Postmaster

Quote:
Originally Posted by zhak View Post
Linked images display in an email message during compose and reading, but because they are not part of the email, they can only be viewed as long as the image exists at the linked location. If the sender deletes the image from the web location, the image will no longer appear when the recipient opens that email again. Of course, they have the option of downloading the image while they can see it.
Also, of course, some people may, at least sometimes, like to read their email from a client when they're not online, in which case they won't be able to see the image without going online even if it is still at the original location. But while I've never "embedded" images in an email myself (that I can remember), I can imagine preferring actually embedding the image for that reason as well.

Although I would generally prefer simply attaching it/them in most cases, which has the same advantages plus that of being able to send the message the same way from virtually any client or webmail. But of course, that's beside the point here that some people have their reasons for preferring to embed them, and I can imagine that having its purposes or advantages in some cases.
xmailer is offline   Reply With Quote