View Single Post
Old 29 Apr 2006, 11:59 PM   #12
hadaso
The "e" in e-mail

Quote:
Originally posted by curtis
The account would therefore be kind-of like software. You keep your existing version. ...
So I have my original WIN98 and WIN95 that are not supported. Not only are they not supported but at least with WIN98 there used to be an automatic update feature that ceased to work when MS stopped providing support for WIN98, so when I reinstalled I went back to the vintage version with no easy way to get bugfixes.

Can this work with an email service? Eventually changes would be made that would not be compatible with the legacy feature levels that have to be kept for those that signed up to lifetime accounts. So some offerings would have to be changed, and this would create demand for more. We already have here tons of posts asking that member level would be upgraded to become more "up to date" without additional payment.

I guess that Fastmail's best interest now is to have as many people as possible leave the member level, and only few subscribe at this level. Then when the number of subscribers at this level would become small enough then perhaps FastMail could offer more at this level and require a higher initial payment (like 1 year full or perhaps a bit more).
hadaso is offline   Reply With Quote