View Single Post
Old 26 Apr 2017, 05:00 AM   #9
Zach

Quote:
Originally Posted by TenFour View Post
Statistics don't bear this out. Social Media gets all the buzz, but email does all the heavy lifting of actual communication. It will be a long time before your college application acceptance comes via text message or Facebook, or your utility bill, car insurance, Amazon order, etc. One simple reason is that I have yet to see a social media platform that allows for any sort of realistic filing and/or search feature, and it is hard to archive on a local system or even in the cloud. Every younger person I know has multiple email addresses and uses different addresses for different things.
This. Also remember that most social media sites require you to have an email address to sign up to their service, and they often won't let people use fake email addresses from yopmail, guerrilla mail, 10minutemail or similar disposable email services. Most young people I know have at least two, if not three, email addresses - one that they use for important stuff, one for spammy stuff and one for university. I can't see the situation changing soon, unless Facebook makes it possible to email essays or open PDF files.
Zach is offline   Reply With Quote