View Single Post
Old 27 Feb 2017, 06:28 AM   #7
WheelDeal

Thanks for the helpful suggestions so far.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sflorack View Post
Out of curiosity, what type of email business are you conducting that requires such privacy?
I'm essentially an average user. I simply don't like Google's business model, and I'm disgusted with government surveillance run amok. I realize the notion of e-mail security is almost an oxymoron--even with encryption--but it seems certain options are probably less bad than others.

Quote:
Originally Posted by David View Post
You might want to take a look at Runbox, Brian
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mouse45 View Post
I have been a Runbox user for some years and I appreciate the privacy with no annoying adverts etc.
I haven't forgotten Runbox, but it's hard for me to justify a minimum $80 for 15 GB. I've also seen comments that suggest the service isn't perfect.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TenFour View Post
Proton Mail seems to be well regarded if you want to go all the way to encryption. Personally, I have zero confidence that my email won't be vacuumed up by some national security apparatus no matter where in the world it originates from, so unless you go encrypted it is likely to be scanned for key words or whatever it is they are looking for (bad jokes about your beloved political leader).
I agree, TenFour. Yet, as I understand it, encryption is useless in some situations, and it adds a layer of complexity for recipients. Ultimately, I think it would be more sensible for me to seek peace-of-mind and a good user experience.

What about Kolab Now? I've had trouble finding recent information about them; indeed, the feedback I've seen here is from 2014.

Best regards,
Brian

Last edited by WheelDeal : 27 Feb 2017 at 06:47 AM.
WheelDeal is offline   Reply With Quote