View Single Post
Old 24 Feb 2017, 11:12 AM   #5
David
Ultimate Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by jhollington View Post
To be fair, I'm not sure that's entirely true in the core e-mail and collaboration space.... Microsoft doesn't attract a lot of interest or press buzz, but it's still a really solid solution that a huge number of business customers still swear by.

While Google has wooed some really big-name clients into G Suite, most of these came from legacy in-house environments, including not only Microsoft Exchange, but also other systems like Novell's GroupWise, and Google's actually lost some traction in that area since Microsoft got with the program and realized that they had to offer a competing SaaS solution rather than simply trying to convince every business to build their own Exchange server farm.
Moving forward: I realize that Google may not be a perfect alternative for everyone.

They used to say, that you should never put all your eggs in one basket. These days, the trade off is sometimes difficult to decide (the baskets are moving around) My own choice is to stay as as close to 'open source' as possible.....
David is offline   Reply With Quote