View Single Post
Old 5 Feb 2017, 04:43 PM   #231
ppm

Thumbs up Easy Peasy

Quote:
Originally Posted by placebo View Post
Rob's comment was in regard to lifetime enhanced and full accounts. Later in the thread, he did say that they did make a lifetime offer for member accounts.
I know, but my point was to highlight Rob's clearly stated views on the concept of lifetime offers...

Quote:
Originally Posted by samhu View Post
A "user from 2002" and yet you missed the fact that they did indeed offer a one-off payment "lifetime" Member account for the next 7 years till 2009?

http://web.archive.org/web/200212151...ricingtbl.html
I know, one of my family members did use the member account before upgrading to enhanced after a while. In addition, full and enhanced accounts had "member-level" account as a "fall back" to them. Having said that, the characteristics of the member account at the time of this pricing table are simply meaningless by today's standards

It is not the first time Fastmail changes its model. I used to have extra storage for a "one time fee" on a per MB basis. That has changed as well. I survived

Anyhow, after having read what I felt were unfairly negative comments in this particular discussion, my main point was - and remains - to give credit to the Fastmail team from the silent majority of satisfied users
ppm is offline   Reply With Quote