View Single Post
Old 6 Jun 2022, 01:37 PM   #1
xyzzy
Essential Contributor

Need confirmation: sending a pdf as an attachment

As title says, I need confirmation on whether you can attach a pdf to an email and (a) save the email as a draft and if so be able to successfully send it.

Apparently I can't do either! If I construct an email with a pdf I get an error message saying "send failed". If I only try to save the as a draft without even sending the draft isn't saved.

I tried this on both the webmail and the FM app (which I assume is just another webmail interface).

I previously encountered a problem where the FM app wasn't a choice listed in the iPhone transfer function for some (not all) apps (e.g., Safari). I made a ticket on that one. Last ticket update on that one was April 22 telling me they haven't been able to pin that down. I don't consider that very serious and can live without it. But not being able to enclose and send a pdf is a whole different animal. That I think is serious (to me at least).

And oh, by the way. These are small pdf's so I am not exceeding any enclosure size limits.

Let me know what you find. Just create a draft and add a pdf as an enclosure. Close the draft. Is the draft still there? If so try to send it (to yourself is sufficient). Does is send successfully?

Update a little later:
Well it's not as serious as I originally made out. Apparently I can use my Thunderbird email client to send the pdf's so all is not lost after all. This means the problem lies with the webmail interface (I assume the FM app is just another glorified webmail interface).

Also, I submitted a ticket anyhow.

Last edited by xyzzy : 6 Jun 2022 at 02:24 PM.
xyzzy is offline   Reply With Quote