View Single Post
Old 25 Apr 2017, 12:17 AM   #6
jhollington
Essential Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by n5bb View Post
Now anytime a message arrives in your account sent to servicename@bank.yourdomain.com, the message will be automatically filed in the "bank" folder. If there is a subfolder in the bank folder named "servicename", the message will be filed into that folder automatically. If not, then it will be filed in the "bank" folder.
This is actually a nice scenario and well-explained (as usual ), but unless I'm missing something, this isn't the way this would work, unless of course you've also defined a rule to file those messages. Since "bank" is an alias, rather than a plus address, there shouldn't be any automatic filing of messages sent to that address. For the same reason, I'm also not sure how "servicename" would be created as a sub-folder of a "Bank" folder, as opposed to a top-level folder.

I think the missing step here (and please correct me if I'm missing something else obvious ), is that the "bank" alias would have to be created to point to a plus address in the first place — something like either "yourname+bank@yourdomain.com" or "bank@yourname.yourdomain.com" rather than just your primary e-mail address. I think that would work the way you describe, since it gets converted to a plus address, and plus addresses can be stacked (so a message to "servicename@bank.yourdomain.com" gets translate to yourname+bank+servicename@yourdomain.com" and then handled appropriately).
jhollington is offline   Reply With Quote