View Single Post
Old 5 Jun 2014, 09:54 AM   #27
jarland
Essential Contributor

Representative of:
MXRoute.com
Quote:
Originally Posted by William9 View Post
What kind if spam and malware protection does MXRoute have?
That has actually been part of the project that has been at the front of my mind throughout most of it. Lately there has been a surge of spam that passes both DKIM and SPF checks, and it has led to a silent revolution in the industry that I don't think most people have fully realized is even happening. Some people have been sheltered from it a bit purely because their address or domain exists in less of the spammers lists, but sooner or later we are all going to see the impact of this and it is changing the way that we must act.

To prevent spam on mxroute, right now the focus is on letting users train their own filter. Every night your spam folder is scanned and the learned data goes to your own filter. I have chosen to add in SpamCop as the first RBL, as I have not witnessed them listing an IP address that didn't deserve it in the last 2 years. The key is that the client has to be able to call the shots to a significant degree, but I also need to keep a solid baseline. Fighting spam while maintaining a usable and fast service is something I am passionate about. In the future, look out for client level RBL selection

The most important thing to remember about filtering on mxroute is that I built this with the perfect mail server in mind. I use it, I'm actually the most active client. I'm at the top of eximstats every day. So you can be sure that I am aware of the realities that my neighbors may be facing as well. This isn't about making money, it's about taking my skills and using them to better the email experience for myself and for others. Sorry if that sounds like an advertisement, honestly I'm just really passionate about the industry.

Edit: Almost forgot, clamav for virus protection. It's hit or miss. I am exploring other options.

Last edited by jarland : 5 Jun 2014 at 10:07 AM.
jarland is offline   Reply With Quote