View Single Post
Old 3 Feb 2017, 06:37 AM   #58
tony17112acst

Does anyone think this would reveal anything? Before I ask - know this:

I temporarily have Godaddy hosting one of my domains (tonytonini.com) simply to get email and have an A record pointing to 50Webs to host my website. I could have done the opposite (point name servers to 50Webs, but add an MX record to point to Godaddy for email hosting). But I selected the former because I thought that because Comcast doesn't route email to 50Webs, it may not work.

So would it be tell us anything if I changed my nameservers for tonytonini.com (at my registrar Godaddy) to point to 50Webs and then make an MX record at 50Webs to point to Godaddy? ...then try sending an email form a Comcast account and see what happens?

Or do we know that nothing would happen since DNS/routing is the only thing happening?

I also noticed one thing: When I did a tracert on anthonytonini.com AND tonytonini.com, the last line of the tracert ended with the word "liquidnet" in it; now it's gone. Don't know if that's a clue that something changed or not. I was in IT 20 years ago and I should know this.
tony17112acst is offline   Reply With Quote