Thread: Std vs beta
View Single Post
Old 22 Nov 2020, 11:42 AM   #7
xyzzy
Essential Contributor

I was able to recreate the problem in beta using the string "TRÄNING - 5-2 dieten" illustrated in the earlier post.

In beta I created a new note with the title "TRÄNING - 5-2 dieten". After saving it I refreshed the tab. The title now became the UTF8 version.

Another way that reproduced it was to again create the note with the title "TRÄNING - 5-2 dieten" (still in beta) and then in another tab open the release version of FM. Switch back to the beta notes tab you again the note's title is switched to the UTF8 version.

Not sure about why the refresh test causes it to happen but there does appear to be some "friction" with running both beta and release at the same time that makes the problem show up in the beta notes. Of course running two variants of the FM UI could I think be a case of the left hand not knowing what the right hand is doing. But even so I don't know why it has that effect on the Notes title. Maybe it's simply a case that when beta notes thinks it needs to update the note it causes it to redraw the title with the UTF8 version. Maybe screwing around with Notes in the release version concurrently is sufficient to trigger that beta redraw.

By the way, the body of the note is not changed, only the title. I again used the same text (TRÄNING - 5-2 dieten) and I could never get it to display as the UTF8 version.

Last edited by xyzzy : 22 Nov 2020 at 11:47 AM.
xyzzy is offline   Reply With Quote